The following is a non-exhaustive list of assessment tools in the building sector. They are classified into different categories.
Eco-design of the building
- Elodie: it is an online software that allows you to perform a life cycle analysis of a building. It is then possible to compare the results with those of a reference building. The software highlights the following impact indicators: climate change, ozone depletion, terrestrial and aquatic acidification, eutrophication, photochemical ozone formation, depletion of abiotic-non-fossil resources, water resource depletion. It also calculates primary energy, waste, water and air pollution.
- Eco-bat: it allows you to model a building and create an eco-balance sheet.
- Simapro: it is a very complete and powerful life cycle analysis tool. It can be used for both renovation and new construction projects.
- Pleiades: this is a complete software for the eco-design of buildings and districts. Different types of calculations are possible: thermal and energy simulation, dimensioning of air conditioning and heating, building impacts on the environment.
- TRNSYS: it is a thermal building simulation software. It includes building materials, global architecture and equipment (heating, air conditioning).
- Heliorama: this is an online application that calculates the sun exposure of a place and displays a sunshine study with the sun mask, the loss of sunshine, the duration of the day, the sunrise and sunset times.